It’s been 9,000 degrees in Los Angeles this past week.
Okay so 102 but same same. We tried to go outside for a walk yesterday and after 3 minutes aborted mission.
So what’s a girl to do when she’s stuck at home and bored?
Normally, bake. But all I could think about was sticking my head in the freezer.
So I did the next best thing. Or actually the first best thing:
I whipped up a batch of 5 minute freezer fudge!!
This takes exactly 5 minutes to make from measuring to pouring and only 15-20 minutes to freeze.
It’s the perfect mid-day or nighttime treat (let’s be real, I had some for breakfast this morning). It’s super satisfying without being loaded with sugar.
And it’s cold! Which of course, makes it the perfect treat right about now.
I topped mine with coconut shreds and freeze dried raspberries but you can leave it plain or go crazy with any toppings. Chopped nuts, cacao nibs, nut butter drizzle etc.
I promise you’ll be happy you have a batch of these in the freezer when your sweet tooth strikes next!
5 Minute Freezer Fudge (Paleo + Vegan)
What you Need:
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- coconut shreds/freeze dried raspberries or toppings of choice
- Line standard loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a small saucepan over medium heat whisk together all ingredients except for your toppings until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into loaf pan and put in freezer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, sprinkle toppings onto mixture and stick back in the freezer for an additional 10-15 minutes until set.
- Cut into squares and store in airtight container in the freezer!