After 5 days in Kauai, it feels so good to be back home and back in my kitchen!
Don’t get me wrong, I loved every waking and sleeping second of Kauai – it’s such a beautiful place with the nicest people, stunning scenery, picture perfect weather and amazing fresh food. I will put together a whole post on our favorite food spots from our trip soon!
But after 5 days of a LOT of treats (all worth every single bite!) and eating every meal out, it’s nice to be back whipping up my own food.
I took my all time favorite barre class this morning and it’s been super humid and hot here in LA so cooking was not going to happen. Also, we are VERY low on groceries so I just wanted to use up what we have in the freezer/pantry.
Enter: This dreamy Almond Butter Acai Cauliflower Smoothie.
This was my second time using cauliflower in my smoothie and I swear to you, you can’t taste it. It just makes the smoothie super creamy and thick! Also, I picked up some unsweetened Acai packets from Trader Joe’s a while ago and finally tried it today! It was amazing! I will definitely be using these more.
This smoothie is the perfect blend of veggies, fiber, healthy fats, and just a touch of fruit for a little sweetness without the spike in blood sugar. I used 1/3 of a banana but you could easily sub 1/3 cup berries or cherries too. It kept me full for hours and might just be my new go to, especially once I start back up at work in a couple of weeks.
Hope you love it as much as I do and if you have a favorite smoothie combo I should try let me know!!
Almond Butter Acai Cauliflower Smoothie (Paleo, Dairy Free, Whole 30)
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup frozen cauliflower (I steam first then freeze but you don’t have to!)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 unsweetened acai packet
- 1/3 frozen banana
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp brain octane oil
- 2 scoops Vital Protein’s collagen peptides
- 1/2 tsp maca
- a few shakes of cinnamon
- 1 cup nut milk (I used a blend of my homemade almond and my homemade macadamia)
- Throw all ingredients in blender until mixed well (I had to break up the acai block a bit and add a splash more milk)
- Top with favorite smoothie toppings! I added a few frozen cherries, freeze dried raspberries and a sprinkle of Purely Elizabeth’s Grain-Free Banana Nut Granola!
Enjoy and Stay Cool!