It’s been So HOT. So Hot In Herre.
Sorry I can’t help myself.
I just came back from running errands around my neighborhood and even though I’ve lived here for just over 5 years now, I have yet to fully grasp that people drive EVERYWHERE (like they will get in their car to drive a block only to spend 15 minutes trying to find parking) I still have that Chicago mentality so I spent the last couple of hours bopping around West Hollywood and I think I finally understand why people drive such short distances.
If you could see my frizzy hair and incredibly sweaty self at this very moment, you’d get it, too.
So I needed something to cool me down and fill me up. Iced coffee in the afternoon on a hot day (so like, every day here for the past 5 years) is always my go to but today I needed something a little more. I love a frozen coffee drink as much as the next person but I don’t love the sugar crash they leave me with.
Enter: a healthified dairy and refined sugar free version that is just as satisfying! Plus this has an extra bonus of protein and fiber to keep you full!
I threw an array of things in my blender that sounded like they would taste good together- hit blend, added a few chocolate chips (because what’s the point of a frozen coffee beverage if it doesn’t have chocolate chunks in it?!) blended again and bam.
I think I have a new favorite drink! It’s low in sugar/fruit and is super filling thanks to the collagen peptides (protein!) and chia seeds (fiber!) I used homemade nut milk but you can totally use store-bought too!
Frozen Mocha Chip Coffee! (Dairy Free + Protein!)
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used cashew butter)
- 1/2 tsp maca
- 1/2 tsp cacao powder (I used bulletproof)
- 1/4 banana
- handful of ice
- 1/2 tbsp- 1tbsp dark chocolate chips or chunks (I used enjoy life extra dark chocolate but if you’re tying to stay away from cane sugar you can either omit or use 100% cacao or a brand like Eating Evolved which uses coconut sugar or Lily’s which uses Stevia!)
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips into blender and blend on high until all ingredients are well incorporated. You might want to add more ice if you want it a bit thicker but taste as you go so the ice doesn’t water it down!
- Add in chocolate chips and blend for a few more seconds
- Pour and drink up!
Hope you’re having the best Thursday!