Back in the Windy City for Windy City Live!

It’s SO great to be back in Chicago!! I lived here for 5 years and every time I come back it feels like coming back home!

I spent the day with some of my favorite people visiting some of my favorite Chicago spots (If you’re ever in Chicago check out Beatrix for brunch!) and spent the afternoon getting ready for my segment tomorrow on Windy City Live!

Cooookies!
Testing out recipes in the adorable kitchen of one of my favorites- J Silvs!

If you’re in Chicago you can check it out at 11 a.m. Central on ABC or again at Midnight for all you late night TV watchers!

I’ll be showing some clever dessert hacks to make all things sweet tooth related easier which means you get to the yummyness a whole lot faster-  which is always a good thing!

IMG_6854

and with the hacks I’ll of course be using some  of my favorite dairy free, gluten free products because why can’t us gluten free/dairy free people get in on the dessert hacking fun too?!

Here’s a sneak peak:

Dessert Hacks!
Yes, that’s a whole lot of dairy free chocolate chips in my Oprah mug… find out why tomorrow! 🙂

Cake!
Dental Floss & Cake. No I’m not crazy!

I’m off to dinner at Doc B’s Fresh Kitchen! So excited for a night of great food with great friends!

XoJ

About

8 Comments

• Katherine

September 29, 2015 - 9:41 am

Great segment on WCL today! Love the dessert hacks! And now I have a new blog to follow!

• Jill

October 3, 2015 - 4:15 pm

Thanks so much!! So happy you enjoyed!! Hope you’re having a great weekend!

• wclfan

September 29, 2015 - 9:49 am

I saw your segment on WCL. I will try every single one of your tips. My favorites were “cake in a cup” and making a “cupcake sandwich”.

• Jill

October 3, 2015 - 4:15 pm

Thank you so much! Let me know how they turn out! I posted the recipe for the cake in a mug on the blog as well so you can try it at home!! All the best!

• Laura

September 29, 2015 - 11:07 am

Saw your segment on Windy City Live 09-29-15 and would love to have the recipe for cake in a mug. was disappointed that you did not give all ingredients and amounts. I tried going on site to find it but had no luck. looking forward to your response. Thank You

• bklavery@yahoo.com

September 29, 2015 - 1:42 pm

You showed the recipe for the cake in a mug, but you did not tell us the amount of flour!! Please email this recipe to me or put it on your site.

• Jill

October 4, 2015 - 8:40 pm

Hi there! The recipe is now up on the blog! Thanks so much!